Re: [IRCA] IBOC battle begins

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would disagree with Russ on just one of his points - I'd actually
> contend that the "ethnic stations broadcasting in languages I can't
> understand" are actually among the signs of decent health for the AM
> dial.

*** I wasn't intending to imply that wasn't healthy for AM but rather
that it was an additional reduction of the potential stations I might
want to try to listen to for content as opposed to DX, which was the
thrust of your initial question. But if AM were to become largely a
vehicle for ethnic programming in other than English, that probably
wouldn't be a good thing either. I don't see that occurring because
today there's an increasing population of them on FM as well, which
says that as those become more popular, they too are migrating from
AM...

Here, there's plenty of Spanish-language programming, which is
appropriate to a large constituency. Similarly there is Korean and
Chinese and some other Asian languages.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]