Re: [IRCA] Listening To Distant Stations

Re: [IRCA] Listening To Distant Stations

--- Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  At night I listen
> > to anything I find interesting.
>
> How many - if any - of those stations are the locally-owned,
> mom-and-pop
> outlets about which so much concern is being professed?
>
> I'd guess the stations that are actually providing programming
> interesting enough to merit your listening time are probably the ones
>
> that would be expanding their signals through the kind of buyouts
> we're
> talking about - not the ones that would be bought out.

But aside from my earlier answer indicating that I heard them while
DX'ing but didn't actually listen to or for them, that will probably be
the response because many of those small locally-owned Mom and Pop
stations aren't going to present enough quality of signal at any
distance to serve that purpose. Therefore the question, while relevant
and well-intentioned really isn't going to have many answers...

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id