[IRCA] An extra special CHWO - AM 740 QSL card - Fwded msg from Brian Smith

[IRCA] An extra special CHWO - AM 740 QSL card - Fwded msg from Brian Smith

===================================
Item cross-posted from another list
===================================

Hello all.

CHWO-AM 740 Toronto, which has been family run
since 1956, has been sold (pending CRTC approval)
and no doubt some changes will be coming. We have
heard that the general format will not change for
now but that's about it. The new owner may not
want to continue having someone issuing QSL cards
on their behalf. I will certainly do my best to
convince them in hopes this will continue.

Last year they celebrated their 50th birthday
since the station first started up on November
17th, 1956 on 1250 kHz and the 6th anniversary
since moving onto 740 kHz back on January 8th,
2001. It has been in the same family all this
time and NEVER changed format.

So............I think its time to celebrate
both achievements with a special QSL card AND
certificate that is open to everyone. This card
and certificate will capture both the old and
new of CHWO in pictures and information.

But there is a catch. You have to send in two reports.

Here is the criteria:

1/ You must send in two separate, correct reports:
   November 17th, 2007 and January 8th, 2008

2/ You must hear the station between 0000 & 2359
   (EST) on those dates. (+5 Hours UTC)

3/ The usually information will be required for
   the report:

(a) Program material (at least 10 minutes of
    specific program material heard: e.g.,
    name of announcer, commercials heard, news
    items, song title and artist, etc. You can
    also make a short recording of the station
    and send it as an MP3 provided it contains
    some of the specific program material
    noted earlier);

(b) Signal/sound report (a general overview of
    how well you heard the signal at your
    location and the sound quality of the
    program.);

(c) Mention of the type of equipment and antenna
    you were using to hear the signal is helpful
    information as well.

4/ You can send the reports in after each date
   or together after January 8, but I must have
   both for the special QSL.

5/ If you plan to go after the special QSL,
   mark your reports as 'Special QSL.' A report
   for November 17th but not followed up by one
   on January 8th will receive a regular QSL
   only (unless you already have received one
   in the past.) I will post repeat announcements
   prior to each date.

Thank you all for your support in this endeavour
and the future of QSL from CHWO, AM 740, Toronto.

Feel free to pass this notice along and good luck to
all.

Brian Smith - am740@xxxxxxxxxx
AM 740 - www.am740.ca
Reception Reports - http://www.odxa.on.ca/chwo.html