[IRCA] possable LDEs?

Hey All, Was hearing 770 back last tusday night (coast to coast am show) and noticed that there was a delay of several seconds during the talking. There was the talk and then a few secs. later I heard the same thing under the converstaion.(like a double) Didn`t sound like any kind of phase differences or other strange sig. activity. I know that this can happen at vhf and up. Just a thought. Also got 650 out of saskatuwan last night for a short time. Good dx to all, Robbie in wyoming