[IRCA] IBOC battle begins

>From today's "Inside Radio" emailing:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
HD interference becomes a federal case.
WYSL, Rochester, NY owner Bob Savage has filed a formal complaint with
the FCC alleging his station is suffering "continuous" interference from
a Boston station - 353 miles away. His filing says the "IBOC hiss" is
"likely to cause loss of advertising revenue" saying, in essence, "WYSL
has been condemned to "daytimer status."
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

About time..  I hope that the actual facts are discussed and not some
Houdini-style escapism baloney.  Kudos to Bob for stepping up.  If the FCC
fails in it's duty, I truly hope it moves to a federal court and is
summarily blocked.

I also hope that Bob has taken the time to have field strength readings of
the IBOC noise taken and documented.  That should clearly show a serious
degradation of his night coverage.  That in itself ought to be evidence
enough of the damage and a clear pointer to the need to shut this noise
down.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI