[IRCA] TPs Nov 2nd: Fair, but Spotty

With all of the TA action from here in the Pacific NW last night,
like some others, I was CERTAIN that the TPs would be rolling in this
morning. I got up especially early: 1200 UT for dawn at 1445.... hey,
I'm leaving the Northwest in a week... gotta get all of the gusto!

Like most others, I was really disappointed.  At 1200, when I really
expected quite a bit of Japanese audio, even under average
conditions.... there was exactly NONE! Surprisingly, at 1215 CNR1 was
in at recognizable levels on 756, 945 and 1377. Go figure! There were
quite a few hets around, but that was the only useable audio... oh,
except VOA Thailand on 1575 which was doing quite nicely by the time
that I got up to the top at 1245.  1566 HLAZ and a few others were at
threshold level and that was it.  Well, I was faced with disturbing
the light sleeping Mrs. Bryant a second time by crawling back in the
nice warm sack for almost two hours of sleep or staying up and
working on my reception reports until dawn enhancement. I took five
reports to the post office later in the day.

Dawn was not bad, with China definitely being favored and 837 Harbin
just HUGE around actual dawn at 1500. Really average AM at dawn with
a terrible pre-dawn period. The ionosphere is a fickle mistress, for sure.

Its only 15 hours until dawn again!

John B.