Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] New MN station heard

On Thursday 01 November 2007 01:04, Jim Renfrew wrote:
> Jim Renfrew, Holley NY
>
> 0100 edt    NOV 1 2007
>
> 960    KLTF    MN Little Falls - sports talk, then ID, before ABC
> News. Station is 5000 watts day, 38 night.  I wonder what power is
> being used right now?  In either case, a new station for me here.

As it happens, I picked 960 for overnight recording, and KLTF was very
prominent at midnight EDT, though I didn't notice them on subsequent
TOHs.  It does seem like they're pushing the envelope a bit - I don't
think 38 W would do that well at a 893 mile distance on a crowded
channel like 960.

KLTF was unneeded here, but happily, I snagged my real quarry at 0300,
with a nice clear ID from KMA-IA.  Getting a new "K" call in the log
is always a thrill, and it's doubly so when it's a 3-letter heritage
call... and with KGA logged earlier in the evening, that's two in one
night!  Add to that a third newie from last night, KNZZ, and I'm a
happy camper today.  :-)

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON