Re: [IRCA] Another back up idea ??

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Now, would that work? He told me about "cranking
> power", but no mention of how many amps per hour you could get out of
> it. They come in different sizes. Anyone know if that would work? Of
> course is has the 12V to 110V but that would only be plugged in to
> recharge.

Generally, if the battery has a cranking power rating, it isn't a true
deep-cycle battery. You'd have to now the exact battery inside to know
for sure, maybe the manufacturer's site would have something on a
replacement that would take you to some specs.

A regular non deep cycle battery is pretty well useless after 10 or 12
complete discharge cycles.

Rick Kunath