Re: [IRCA] Battery back up not UPS

It's a UPS.  All UPS boxes use batteries as a reserve to supply power from should AC go out.  They're just using the "battery backup" phrase because it makes more sense to people who don't know what a UPS is.

  Mike

Bill Harms <philcobill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Patrick, I don't use an UPS per se. Rather I use a battery back up from
APC http://apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=21

I use it to smooth some of the common mode interference that comes
through the mains power. It also helps with ground loop whining that
happens when you are running several devices at the same time. I think
it is because of the common ground.

The down side is that you can only run these devices for like 15 to 45
minutes depending on the size and depending on the load. If you have an
extended power outage it can be problematic. But for flickers and
brownouts, it has been a champ.

Bill

--
Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

Check out the Spokane Radio History Pages
http://spokaneradio.philcobill.com

and the Spokane Radio Tower Pages
http://spokanetowers.philcobill.com