Re: [IRCA] NAB wants it both ways

Not exactly on point with the topic, but here's an interesting read
regarding the problems with marketing HD /IBOC:
http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0048/t.9030.html
Without car radios, a.m/f.m. is dead.  Car manufacturer's are waiting
to judge the public's feelings towards IBOC before offering as standard
equipment IBOC radios. Only a small percentage of cars sold offer upgraded
radios which would be capable of effectively using IBOC.  IBOC  prospects
flounder because the car mfgs. are stalling implementing standard equipment
IBOC rxs..  Countertop radios don't work well without special antennas as
opposed to old radio technology.  All this is sad.  Let me pause while I
wipe away the tears.  Okay, sorry for that moment...  There are no small
portable rxs capable of receiving IBOC to it's full capabilities.  It ain't
over till the fat lady sings or perhaps sits on IBOC.  She is clearing her
throat and looking for a seat.  Either option would suit me just fine.
73, Gil