Re: [IRCA] I DID IT!! I finally logged KBRW-680-Barrow AK!!!

At 12:48 PM 10/10/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Charles,
>
>I just finished getting the report ready to send to KBRW. It is going
>out today and I am hoping they will reply. They used to have a good QSL
>policy. Infact Bob interviewed their CE for a RW article back in the
>90s. If I ever go back to Alaska, I will fly up to Barrow to see KBRW.
>Probably over to Kozebue and Nome too. I have heard and QSL'd those.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick

Patrick,

Gee, I hope so. Good luck.

The one, the only Alaskan I received (back in the 60s) was KFQD-730.
They had a POOR QSL policy.

I heard them after after CDKM-730 Dauphin, Manitoba went into a DEEP
fade at 0211. Heard a spot for "Anchorage Trailers and Sales."

I was in HS at the time. I quick typed a letter to them before time
for school, went by the USPO and acquired a self-addressed envelope
and placed special delivery postage on both coming and going
envelopes.

The QSL AND letter came back Friday. And their QSL policy changed
abruptly. I like to believe I was responsible for that.

Charles

>Patrick Martin
>KAVT Reception Manager

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP