[IRCA] Sept 29, Generally Lousy, but Some DUs

[IRCA] Sept 29, Generally Lousy, but Some DUs

Folks,

My first dawn session since returning from QCI DX was so poor that I
was wondering if my antennas were damaged while I was gone.  Was
relieved to note that others had similarly lousy AMs.

All the (limited) audio action was below 900 kHz. except for probable
R. Sport, NZ on 1503 and HLAZ which seemed under-modulated and was
also being QRMed by probable 3NE from Australia.

Below 900, it was DU, except for 747/774/828 NHKs which were much
reduced in strength. In fact, at max dawn, 774 was largely 3LO and
828 was about half 2YB. 3LO on 774 was the only strong DU, all the
others were just at language recognition level. Those weak DUs were
probable:2YA-567, 4QR-612 and 2BL-702.

The only real interest was 891 at just after 1400 UT. I heard the
last of a pop rock record, directly into a rap song. When that
concluded, I think that there was a station ID in EE by a
male.  Gotta review the tape of that one and do some detective work.

I should note that I don't hear DUs very well here at this
semi-landlocked location at the top of Puget Sound. My only clear sea
route is up the Gulf of Georgia to the NW, toward China and Japan.

Better days are ahead!

John B.