[IRCA] "High School Football" Special Temporary Authority ....

[IRCA] "High School Football" Special Temporary Authority ....

 I was talking with my ex-boyfriend earlier today, discussing Montgomery,
Alabama radio. He still lives there and follows the market because I taught
him well...

He said:
"On any given night there signal SUCKS...i cant hear what they are
playing....but on friday nights they carry the Prattville football
games....it comes in CRYSTAL clear during the broadcast then the second the
football broadcast is over it goes back to the horrible signal....are they
powering up during the football broadcast at a time when they shouldn't?

Here's another part of our conversation, I'm "radio" and he's alaguy"

Radio: yup
Radio:: Theyre doing what we broadcasters "High School Football Special
Temporary Authority"
Radio: staying at full power for the game
Radio: i bet as soon as the game is over nd you hear the last commercial for
the game, they disappear
Radio: or rather the signal gets alot worse=they drop power
Alaguy: yup...is that legal?
Radio: Absolutely not

The station in question has, obviously power power at night, and both day
and night.. they're directional, but the night pattern is alot tighter and
smaller, and a lobe they have during the day all but disappears at night.

So, he's admittedly a bit smarter/more aware then your average radio
listener, but isn't it kinda funny when a non radio person picks up on some
of the crap radio stations are pulling these days?

Paul Walker
walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx