Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Jamming

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 11:39, Joe Miller, KJ8O wrote:
> No oblique point to be made. As you know IBOC emits
> this hiss. From my point in S. E. Michigan the only
> IBOC hiss I get is on 750 & 770 (WJR) 940 & 960 (WWJ)
> 900 & 920 (WFDF) and 690 & 710 (WLW). I am close
> enough to Toronto to hear CHUM on 1050 from time to
> time (including last night) but I clearly heard the
> same type of jamming under CHUM as I did on the other
> channels mentioned. Lastly, WHO is about 700 miles
> from here, so their IBOC hiss is not an issue here.
> WOR is about 550 miles and their IBOC is not an issue
> either.

Whoa!  You may want to re-think that assessment, Joe.  WHO's IBOC  is
certainly an issue for me, and they're more than 900 miles from
here.  They even bother juggernaut WBZ (325 miles away) at times.
Similarly, the Chicago stations are all huge issues here (in terms of
interference to 1st adjacents), and they're about 650 miles away from me.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON