Re: [IRCA] "Cheater" term revisited

Charles,

Your unique sense of humor is well noted. You pride yourself with being a
bit of a stick in the mud--and that's fine, I guess.

But I know first hand that accusations without proof, and labels like
"cheater" really do upset some broadcasters. Is it really worth doing
potential harm to the hobby as a whole, just so that you can exercise your
rights to speak your mind?

It's also often inaccurate. If someone's automation fails, and they remain
on day power...are they a "cheater"? No. Yet they are often labeled as such
on this list.

I can tell you first hand, that you'll make the job of Jim and the BTC more
difficult by using the term on this list. Maybe that means nothing to you,
but I have a lot of respect for people who volunteer their time and work
hard for the rest of us.

As one old Navy man to another, I'm asking you to reconsider and think about
the good of the ship as a whole. Just like on the seas, we either all stick
together or we all sink together.

Les Rayburn, director
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive Suite 111