Re: [IRCA] HD Radio - WGN response

In a message dated 9/24/2007 3:20:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>>     I rather thought the following  sentence was all at once a concise
summary of the situation, and also as  much of an expression of resigned
disagreement with  it...   "The broadcast industry and the FCC have decided
that  it is more
important to enhance AM and FM radio listening with  digital technology than
it
is to maintain skywave service to areas that are  far away from a station's
core
listening area."   <<

My reaction exactly, too, Russ! We should all remember that WGN filed a
comment on FCC Docket 99-325 in 2004, urging that tests continue on nighttime
IBOC and in the meantime asking that its hours be restricted. I  think there is
very little disagreement that WGN is one of those AM's with a  large following
via skywave, and that they did not want that to end without a  good
understanding of if the system was going to work.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI