[IRCA] How things sound to me since 9/14

[IRCA] How things sound to me since 9/14

Well, did finally sit down and take a quick look across the band to
see how things were sounding since IBOC went 24/7.

Basically, wherever I have a station that's of good stregth running
IBOC, I lose the upper and lower adjacents. Didn't try phasing the
hash out, I still have to get the second antenna for that purpose
erected.

Fortunately there still aren't a huge number of stations running IBOC
as yet even up here in new England.

WOR had an excellent signal up here as ever (S9+20) but the adjacents
were wiped out, of course.

WBZ was wiping out the upper adjacent but KDKA was nicely audible on
the lower due to its strong signal. Thought: Has anyone with an
HD-capable radio taken a look at how well two strong HD signals live
side-by-side? Does that seemingly extra hash produced at the +/- 10kHz
mark degrade the audio recoverability for both or not affect either?

Lee