Re: [IRCA] I can't even buy an HD Radio!

Re: [IRCA] I can't even buy an HD Radio!

I still have a laser disc and several movies that are worth $150+ each because they have never been released on DVD.  I think the only *real* reason that HD-DVD and BluRay are being pushed is because they are more of an obstacle to people who want to copy them.  But as we all know, better mousetraps are always quickly followed by smarter mice.

  I think I would much rather talk about bellybutton lint than IBOC!

  Mike

cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  > Here's the best juice I've come across on HD:
>
> "Older consumers don't want it.
> Younger ones laugh at it.
> Manufacturers dislike it.
> Retailers can't sell it."

They said that about the Edsel, Beta-max, the laser-disc,
8-track tape and a myriad of other useless crap.

The big push is on now for the cash starved media companies
to convince the buying public to turf their DVD collection in
favor of a Blue-Ray or HD-DVD collection -- to literally
replace everything... poor millionaire DVD moguls... I
feel for them, I really do.

I think we should start an web-based IBOC-HD Dead pool...
get a whack of cash in the kitty and see who can guess to
the month when IBOC-AM breathes its last pitiful gasp of hash.

I am in,

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator - CoffeeCrew.Com | DXer.CA