Re: [IRCA] KGO with HD

I haven't been on the E/W axis of KGO lately, but when I used to drive into the Bay Area on 580 in the Pleasanton-Livermore area, KGO was pretty much unlistenable as far as the audio quality goes...something about their pattern which I never bothered to figure out.  I doubt that IBOC would improve that aspect of their signal, and it may even make it worse.

  Mike
  Campbell

bill kral <jwkral@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  KGO does not play music so if it does not sound good
here in BC,No matter,it's just talk and it sounds like
Bernie Ward's voice has some IBOC hash in it
anyway.The only difference I can hear is that the
voice of the on air guy causes a bit of hiss which
trails behind for a split second.Other than that I
wouldn't worry about IBOC unless I was trying to get
something next door.That's when there's something to
b---h about.I'm sure that at ground zero KGO's signal
sounds as good or better as was the objective of
HD.====Bill in BC

Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! Mail: http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca