Re: [IRCA] DX Thu 9/13/07

Colin,

I agree with your motto/axiom/whatever :-).

To those of us without those great beverage antennas it takes a lot of work to seperate those splits from whoever is on the nearest US/Canadian frequency.  Mike Hawkins misses some good dx
because he has to navigate the freeways at that hour and can't fine tune his car radio as much as he would like.  Therefore he gets to work frustrated and grumpy and that's not a good sign!!!!

I've been very pleased with the number of Asians heard this season, my best ever at this location, but disappointed in not getting audio from any DUs.  In the mid/late 70s I heard 3LO-770 quite
often, along with JOUB.  One probable good reason is some blanket QRN on the lower end of the band that is especially bad when beaming toward the SW.  Last season I had a nasty buzz on the low
end when beaming NW which pretty much knocked out Asians.  That is gone, thank goodness.

73

Don K.