[IRCA] KAST 1370 IBOC update

I took a copy of Scott Fybush's calendar over to Tom Freel OM at KAST
1370 this morning. Scott, Tom loved it and if we want a tour in the
future, no problem, just give him a call. Always glad to do it. Tom
thought the tower sites are really cool. Tom said New NW BCer's boss
will love it too.
   I took over a report I had for KKEE 1230 as I never QSL'd the new
call and I will be getting an e mail QSL as that is how they handle the
QSL requests now.
   I brought up the subject of HD Radio  and I mentioned I saw that KAST
AM was going HD. He looked at me and said, well maybe down the road the
FM, and New NW BCers want at least one HD in every market they have
stations in, however it would be the FM, not the AM. He said can you
imagine how hard it would be to get KAST to work with HD? It would too
involved and too expensive. As far as FM HD, they are looking into it
"down the road" to see if it is going to work out. I was quite pleased
to hear that, no AM HD. By the way, if any station shows an interest it
ends up on the list. The reason the AM showed may be because it is the
main money-maker here.
   New NW BCers is going to moving to a new studio site behind City Hall
in Warrenton in the next couple of years though. They were going to move
down by the river in Astoria but no one wants their big satellite and
STL dishes.
   So the next time we have an IRCA convention on the coast, we will
have a brand new studio set up to show off.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager