Re: [IRCA] DX Tip (WDXR)

Don,

Until the late 90s, I never logged KWAL from anywhere I lived, Seward
AK, Portland, or the coast. Once when 620 Portland was off, they were on
top of the channelbut that was in the 90s. I think the main issue in the
distant past was anytime the old KGW was off, it was at Midnight to 6 AM
and  KWAL was also off during those same hours. But with the advent of
24 hour operation even in small markets, logging rare stations did
become a bit easier in some cases. Another was KWVR 1340 Enterprise OR.
That station was rare as they were only 250w for many years and had
really short broadcasting hours. But in the 90s being sold and boosting
to 1 KW and going 24 hours, I hear them on occasion now.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager