Re: [IRCA] NE Oregon TPs, Monday

At 06:52 AM 9/3/2007, you wrote:
>Excellent LF DU reception this morning; I didn't get to MW until late, but
>some DU heard there too.

Hi, Steve.  Yes, an excellent DU morning.  A bit frustrating since overall the signals were attenuated somewhat, so many of the audios were just snippets, but everything heard was definitely DU.  Highlight was 1386 at an 8/10 reading with Hindi music and talk.  Initially I thought ?India, but checked the PAL and 1X0R in Auckland, Radio Tarana is a Hindi station, and ads were given in a mix of Hindi and English, so obviously them.  Technology got the better of me, though, as I recorded a clip using RecAll Pro .....well, I had also opened a couple of windows to listen to internet feeds from Australia and NZ for //, and instead of recording 1XOR at excellent levels, I only recorded an internet feed.  :-(   !   Learned a lesson there....my Edirol was sitting there all ready to record and I blew it!  Here's the haul today.  No comment indicates snippets of audio at a 6 level:

531 (DU audio with at least 2 or 3 different stations in English.  As usual, I get a lot of splash from Olympic National Park TIS on 530).
576
585 (a 7, with weak audio in English.  Not sure whether NZ or Australia)
594  (a 7 in English)
612 4QR an 8 by 13:50 with report from Hobart and mentions of Tasmania.
639
675  3YA Christchurch  // to internet feed which was about 20 sec behind.
702   late about 13:50
738
747
756
774 3L0 Melbourne, // to internet feed
828 pres 3GI Gippsland
846
1116
1098 (big open carrier, pres. Marshall Islands).
1386  1X0R Radio Tarana, Auckland with an "8" at 13:32 strong Hindi music, then ads in "Hindglish" mentioning street names and businesses.  Darn, I didn't get this one on mp3!
1503 (late at 13:54)
1566
1575 (pres VOA, not in English around 13:30)

Several Australian X-banders were present at 3 to 5 levels:  1701, 1665, 1638, and 1629.
Conditions dropped like a stone before 14:00.

All in all a very satisfying morning!  ..............Walt Salmaniw, Victoria.