[IRCA] Sealing boxes

A little while back there was a bit of a thread on filling antenna matching
transformer boxes with something to waterproof them.  I think I suggested
automotive silicone seal.  Found something today that I think will be
better..

While waiting for my wife to find something at a local hobby store
(Michael's), I found a product called casting resin.  This is a two part
epoxy used to envelop items in a liquid plastic that cures to a plexiglas
type material.  I think we've all seen dollar bills in plastic, among other
things.  This is the stuff.

I bought a 16oz can of the resin and the accompanying catalyst.  Twenty
bucks.  Looks easy to mix and use.  Sometime this weekend I'll mix up a
paper cup full of the stuff and pour it into one of the splitters I've made.
This should completely waterproof the thing as well as making it physically
much stronger.  The epoxy should be non-corrosive as well.

I'll take some photos and write up an article, if I get some time.

Craig Healy