Re: [IRCA] Eton E1 user reviews

Craig,
Can you direct me to the website?
It may be the one I have been unable to find.  When I first acquired my
2010, there was an excellent online article that described a simple
listening diagnostic procedure to determine whether or not the RF amplifier
transistor has been damaged by static from external antennas.  The
diagnostic test was specific to certain frequencies if I recall correctly
and if all was well, certain noise levels were to be expected and predicted
at the freqs. A buddy is complaining about his 2010's sensitivity and I'd
like to send him the article.

In looking for it tonight, I ran across a complaint that the 2010 was a
battery killer.  Go figure.  Mine seems to truck along for long periods
without changes.

 Thanks,
73, Gil NN4CW