Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA Daytime Band Scan

Hello Dennis,

     Thanks for your kind comments.  Your daytime  band scan was also very
useful here, and I referred to it often, in doing my own  daytime band scan.

     I tried very hard to hear KPNW-1120, but I  couldn't even get a carrier
out of them around noontime (the frequency is clear,  unlike many here).  As
far as KOPT and KOHI-1600,  KOHI is usually the  stronger one here in the
daytime, although its signal is sometimes erratic (as  Patrick has also noted).
When KOHI has no equipment problems, it actually is the  dominant 1600 station on
the loop during the daytime (over KVRI).  But when  using the Sony ICF-S5W
portable, KOHI is tough to hear, showing up only around  sunset.

                              73,  Gary