[IRCA] Re.Could somebody help me---Maybe

[IRCA] Re.Could somebody help me---Maybe

Marty with GE  SR 2? I don't know if the GE Sr 2 opens up the same way as the Sr 1 but the 1 can be opened by pulling the controls off the front ; then there are 6 ? screws in the back of the box and i think 1 inside the cell compartment.If they all come out without any problems the two halves will seperate(carefully watching wires to the speaker which is mounted in the front) .Also depress power button on the top so as to clear the slot and then lifting one so that the button slide out of its slot and keeping the two halves close and laying the front flat on the table while the back stands up straight depending on length of wires connecting front to back.There might not be enough slack to lay both halves flat out.The controls are mounted on one board and the tuner on another if  GE 1 and 2 are the same.I've never seen the inside of a 2.If you can find a used GE 1 somewhere you'll find it will out-perform the 2.Good luck with the job. -----Bill in BC