[IRCA] Sunday night in Grafton WI(WTME 780 and CBGY 750 and many TA's)

[IRCA] Sunday night in Grafton WI(WTME 780 and CBGY 750 and many TA's)

I made it up to my Wisconsin QTH on Sunday for some DXing towards the ENE
with my Phased BOG System, this time 335 ft // 485 ft ENE. Early sunset skip
was not remarkable at all and nothing like December was. However, once it
started to be close to dark things got
interesting. The first TA audible was Mauretania on 783 // 4845 with WBBM
phased at 1925 CDT. Things on 780 were also interesting with some mellow
oldies in mixing with CFDR u/phase nulled WBBM. The ID sounded like WCGR and
there was an "Easy 1240" ment. Today via phone I verified that this was WTME
// WEZR from Maine and on 310 watt PSSA at the time (1920-about 1945). ME #2
from WI.

These antennas have a superb null on WSB 750 and at 2054 with CBA blasting
in, there was some piano mx // on 750 up to fair level on a couple of peaks.
Also later on some jazz // around 2135. CBGY is NL #2 from WI for me. Bit of
CBY on 990 also noted // u/CKGM with a weak CBW (two hours in MB later so
diff pgm) at 2122 CDT.

I tried other Newfie channels but no luck. All in all nice cx to E.Canada
and a strong FFer on 610 and bits of FF on 810 far u/WGY. All in all, about
2 dozen TA's had at least threshold audio (enough to ID lang or //
something) and quite a few more hets. I'll give more TA details as time
permits, but didn't log anything new., but not so bad for August !

720 was interesting u/phase nulled WGN, with similar mx type to what was
noted on Spain RNE-5 and also Portugal RDP-1, but alas, too weak to be sure
of // (inspite of a bit of SS talk) and no pips heard on the hour.
Anyhow..I'll keep looking for TA's on 720 now that CHTN is gone.

My reception there is tremendous eastward with phased BOGs on the bluff 150
feet above Lake Michigan's shore.

73 KAZ