Re: [IRCA] South Carolina Radio Notes.....

Re: [IRCA] South Carolina Radio Notes.....

--- "Paul B. Walker, Jr."
<walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1520, WKMG is owned by Cornell Blakely, having
> bought it in 1998. according
> to www.wkmgam1520.com! Well, this has got to be the
> worst sounding piece of
> trash on the dial! It sounded as if they were
> running casette tapes that
> were 20 years old on a tape deck with worn out heads
> submurged in 6 feet of
> water. The audio was BEYOND muddy.

That is the nice version. I don't know what the deal
is. Even though I work at WKDK, I may run over there
with a LARGE bottle of alcohol and Q tips and see if
dirty heads are the problem. If they are worn past the
gap I guess there is no hope, unless it's reel to
reel. There still are some parts for those.   Some of
the audio CAN sound OK, but what we heard was 100% and
totally unlistenable. I could not understand one word
that was said. And yes, I know Cornell. I may have to
see what the problem is. They don't even SHOW in the
ratings usually.   I don't understand how he keeps the
station on the air, really.

I have heard hundreds of stations and this classifies
as the worst I have ever heard.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net