Re: [IRCA] Frank Zappa

I have no remembrance of the name from the 60's or any other time. The
reason I asked was, a few days ago I ran across the following quote that was
credited to Frank Zappa.

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to
continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive
to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, pull back the curtains,
and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
-- Frank Zappa

Then up pops this thread about Frank Zappa and I was wondering what and who
he was. I do totally agree with the above quote.

What Frank Zappa sounds like is a "Weird Al" type of person. I can't believe
I missed him in the 60's, as being in the navy through the 60's there were
enough weird people around me who probably listen to him.

Didn't like Rock n' Roll in the 50's and don't care to much for it now.

>>..........remember the first time you saw Little Richard and remember the
>>comments you most likely >>made about how "different" he was.
Met Little Richard in person in Dallas, TX (1985) but by that time I already
knew about him. He preached a wonderful sermon on salvation the night I met
him.

>>   You either liked him or hated him.  I'd venture a guess that you
>> would have hated him with a passion (to put it mildly).
Mike, what ever gave you that idea??????
I prefer jazz and big band. I listen every Saturday night to KMOX-1120 for
"I love jazz" with host Don Wolfe and have a fairly nice record (yes those
large flat black disky things) collection with Glen Miller, and other big
bands from the 30's. Some on 78 RPMs.

Thanks for the info,

Willis