Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Rick,

What you are suggesting with hardline is pretty involved, a lot more
than I would want to do, unless I had to. . At least at this point. That
would be a last resort to go through all of that. I still have no clue
if all of this will make any difference in the long run. It may not.
Building the metal box is easy if I can find one, and then getting a
piece of Quad RG6 and running it out the door to the antenna is easy to
test. I can go right up the band frequency by frequency and check gw
reception and see if there is any difference. Then if there is and my
old coax is that leaky I can then decide which avevue I need to go to
replace it. Right now, I still don't know if it will make any difference
to change all of this. But the metal box is easy to do. I have some
pieces of orange plastic conduit anyway. I have used it, but it is a
pain to deal with. The cable company left a piece of it at the neighbors
years ago, she tossed it when they never picked it up and I brought it
home. It is stiff, but I still have some left.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager