Re: [IRCA] More coax experiments

Patrick Martin wrote:

> There might be a difference, but it might be so small not to notice it.
> When I get some Quad RG6, I can do an A/B test. I guess I should put a
> regular coax fitting on the plastic boxes. It would be easier as the
> short wires the banana plugs are on I am sure have pick up.

A coax fitting on a plastic box won't do the trick. You'll still have
ingress.

The box would have to be metal. If you can't do a metal box, try a
sleeve-type choke balun in addition to the existing matching transformer.

Don't know about direct burial quad. It isn't usually used for that
purpose. If we needed that kind of shielding, we'd always bury hardline.

Might be some out there though. I don't know what the pricing
differential would be of copper quad-shield coax vs. direct burial
aluminum small hardline these days.

Rick Kunath