[IRCA] coax experiments

After I finished checking out the coax last night, today I tried
something else out, I tried everal years ago. Some people report better
results grounding the far end of the coax going to the matching
transformer. Mine ground on that end has always been floating, grounding
on this end at the receiver, the far end to directly to the matching
transformer. Then on the other side, the antenna & ground. Tonight I
tried to also ground the shield side of the coax to a groundrod. It
changes things a bit. First thing I noticed was a slight drop in signal
on some stations, not the locals. The second, the noise level went up a
bit.
I disconnected the clip and left it as it was.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager