Re: [IRCA] AC twin lead or speaker wire for lead in.

Re: [IRCA] AC twin lead or speaker wire for lead in.

Dennis,

Even though I have never used AC twin, I would be concerned for the
noise issue. The directional issue may not be there as you are
separating the lead-in with the antenna with a matching transformer.
I could easily buy some speaker wire and try it, but I would have to put
in a bit of impedience matching. There might be some loss there. Burying
the AC twin may be an issue too. As I direct bury the waterproof RG6
right in the ground.

73,

Patrick

P.S. For the record, I have taken the R8 right out to the antenna,
bypassing the coax to compare s meter readings. I did it last Summer. I
got the same meter readings, so the loss of .5 DB with the RG6 is so
small you can't even see it on the s meter.