[IRCA] AC twin lead or speaker wire for lead in.

[IRCA] AC twin lead or speaker wire for lead in.

"Dallas Lankford uses ordinary AC twin lead or speaker wire.  He says it
works better than coax.  With a balun, of course."

I use a coax with a 100' run NE of the ewe balun.  Would using AC twin lead or speaker wire affect the directional pickup of the ewe?  Would noise level increase  The above method would be less expensive than buying coax and the connectors.  Much easier to replace when my lab chews on a the coax cable.
Dennis, Vancouver, WA