Re: [IRCA] IBOC in general

> Once the IBOC rules are printed, what would keep a station from
> immediately running the IBOC 24/7 from the beginning? Is there any
> reason why they cannot? Why the 30 day thing?

I think there's a time requirement for notice before things go into effect.
Standard gummint practice..

At least we'll get a month before the band turns into unmitigated sewage
plant fodder.  From a purely perverse sense, it oughta be interesting.  We
should start a pool to see who is the first to cry "uncle!".  Probably some
poor Mom 'n Pop station sandwiched between two 50kw barnburners.

I'm thinking I'll be looking at LW and beacons again..

This also could put pirates out of business.  Probably another reason why
the big guys want this.  Jam rimshot competitors, kill off pirates, what's
not to like?

Wonder who got paid off in Mexico?  Looks like their complaint was window
dressing only.  Certainly got swept away fast enough.

Wonder how Fidel/Raul will respond when the hiss climbs all over their
stations?

I'm also looking for the HSFB STA to be used a lot more, just to overcome
the racket.  I sure won't complain.  Unless the STA includes IBOC.

With broadcasting going the way it is, that WalMart greeter job is looking
better and better.  <snrk>

Good times, indeed...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI