Re: [IRCA] 1690.7 CHTO logged in Scotland (with recordings)

At 12:50 AM 8/14/2007, you wrote:
>After drawing a blank overnight Sun/Mon on 1690.7, I tried again last
>night to hear CHTO and surprisingly it was audible from around 0130 to
>0430 UTC with Greek music and English announcements at 00 and 30 mins
>past the hour and Greek announcements at 15 and 45 mins.
>
>Here are a couple of recordings:
>
>Announcement in English at 0302 UTC
>
>http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/audio/chtoe.mp3
>
>..and here's the (better) Greek announcement from 0344 UTC
>
>http://paulc.mediumwaveradio.org/audio/chtog.mp3

Congratulations, Paul.  That's a lot more than I heard on the west coast.  I reviewed my TOH ids for several hours overnight from a couple nights ago, and alas they never faded up during those critical moments, but at times were up to S5 strength, but never during any talks.  Nice Greek ID!  My audio can be found under the downloads section of www.dxer.ca  .  Not nearly as good, but I'll keep trying!.........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria