Re: [IRCA] IBOC 8- SECOND DELAY

--- Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pete,
>
> One thing out here on the coast, I get no IBOC hash
> on FM, as far as I
> can tell. I don't have my old FM Yagi up any longer,
> so I don't know if
> I would hear any on that. But I have heard FM IBOC
> does cover better
> than AM,.

The FM still does not cover as well as expected. Of
course the power is 1% of analog, and it will have to
go up. Original thought was up to 2%. No problem with
doing it. The talk now is 10% and that will cause
problems and a lot of transmitters can't do that much
more power. IBOC on FM sounds like a hissy whine. You
have to be fairly close to the station to hear it.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net