Re: [IRCA] longwire turns into EWE into loop

Re: [IRCA] longwire turns into EWE into loop

Charles,

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. One thing I did find out, by
adding the newest 10 foot copper pipe for the receiver ground to the
chassis, I find it has affected the directivity of the SW EWE. The null
on it is no longer as deep. Strange, but lowering the resistance to the
receiver ground has affected the antenna. The WNW EWE may be affected
too. I have not checked that as yet. I plan to try a pot inline between
the ground rod and the chassis of the R8 to see if adding a few more
ohms to the circuit will affect the EWE's directivity. I was really
surprised of the change. I doubt it will affect the skip at night
though, but daytime gw is more toucky.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin