Re: [IRCA] Broadcaster/DXer relationship

Re: [IRCA] Broadcaster/DXer relationship

Tom. I remember all but Bob Kennedy....I first heard Ron Landry on WDRC in
Hartford, in the mid sixties. I believe he is deceased. This was prior to
his hit  comedy records with Hudson. I know Jefferson Kaye went on to a long
career in Buffalo on WBEN  930.....I believe Bruce Bradley  went to WBZ
after some time at WROW  590 in Albany, N.Y.  Dick Summer was in both NYC
and Boston.....read a lot of poetry, had some unusual sayings he'd repeat
each night.....kind of  forerunner of today's Delilah syndicated  show , but
not so syrupy.........And as for Larry Glick, I remember the Larry Glick
lemonade stands.....Charley DiGiovanni, the cabbie who would bring him
coffee and cookies each night, The Champagne Lady who would sing in a
hideous voice over the phone..... and Larry's calls to phone booths around
the country and around the world to numbers provided by his listeners....
I've heard WBZ in a Tempe,Az. motel room in May 1973 on a Superradio,
....and on a Carnival cruise ship docked in Panama on the Sony Walkman/R.S.
loop in the porthole of our stateroom........I always admired Westinghouse
as a group owner.....They had WINS, KDKA, WBZ, WOWO and KYW, I think. They
always seemed like they took their responsibility to the communities they
served very seriously....    Chris Johnson  S.C........who has sent a
request for one QSL only....in the 50's to KGHL   790  Billings, Mt....and
yes, they did verify quickly.