[IRCA] Radio on bedsprings and stovetops Re 540

[IRCA] Radio on bedsprings and stovetops Re 540

Hello Pat,Back in the summer of '68 the CBC moved its 1070 50KW tower from the Sackville,NB shortwave antenna farm to a location closer to Moncton and about half a mile from my family home 9 miles from town and when that sucker was fired up it produced harmonics on the freqs of the other two AM locals and on about 50 other spots on the dial.With radios off a strange high pitched buzz was heard coming from the kitchen electric range and by listening up close the actual audio of the CBC programs could be heard.People used to joke about picking it up on tooth fillings.I think they went to FM recently like some other CBC AMrs ---Bill in BC