Re: [IRCA] Radio Matri 1180(Was:IBB Delano and Greenville)

At 09:46 PM 7/11/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>I believe the NRC pattern book has the 1180 pattern. As I remember, it
>was basically a circle right through Marathon aimed at Cuba, with
>nothing to the N/NW/W, All Southeast. I think they are running 100 KW
>aren't they?
Patrick,

NO! Only 50 kW*. Two Continental 317Fs (I believe), alternated daily or
weekly. I would suspect weekly, unless one busts.

The Communications Act of 1934 prohibited AM BCB stations from operating
with more than 50 kW power output.

There was a new Communications Act, and I thought it changed that.

If not, Martí-1180 cannot operate at 100 kW.

If so, FCC cannot prohibit IBB from operating in excess of 50 kW on the
BCB.

But anecdotal (hear/say) sez Martí-1180 operates at 50 kW by choice.

*ONLY 50 kW? Well, IBB does operate 600 kW and 1,000 kW on the AM BCB
overseas.

>  They are rare up here. Logged and QSL'd years ago under
>both VOA and Radio Marti.

Who was your Martí signer?