Re: [IRCA] IBB Delano and Greenville

At 04:51 PM 7/11/2007 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for all the good information.   It appears that there are two sites
>or two parts to "Delano".   One site just east of McFarland,  South of
>Delano, CA and another north of Delano -- west of Earlimart - Pixley,
>CA.    One site transmit -- the other receive ??   Mike
>________________________

Mike,

Negatory. Just one site a bit south of the intersection of Melcher Road and
Garces Highway, on
Melcher Road.

There is a wood chip burning plant (I think) near McFarland. There is a
dairy west of Earlimart.
Can't think of the name of the latter dairy. When the wind was
right...........you know what
I mean. Both show up on satellite imagining. Also North Kern Facility of
the CA Bureau of
Prisons. Sight of the place made my blood run cold.

Greenville has two transmitter plants, "Beargrass" and "Black Jack."
Beargrass was closed recently,
left to rot away. Your tax dollars hard at play!

Don't think Delano ever had a receive plant. Audio feed came down phone lines.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina