[IRCA] Logging WABV-1590 IS possible!

At 07:12 AM 7/10/2007 -0400, you wrote:
>It's an interesting idea to DX by county.
>
>I still DX, but only occassionally and for usually no more then 60 to 90
>mintues at a time, too busy with radio station work lately.
>
>If i tried to DX by county, I'd probably get frustrated and give up, knowing
>me. I'm just simply happy to log somehting new from wherever it might be.
>
>Paul "Esther Blodgett" Walker

Paul,

And plus you have a BIG source of QRM right where you are, but once you
get your ATU fixed, with a good filter you could use your tower as a
receiving antenna after you drop power at sunset.

Also, with your real estate, you could build some nice EWEs. Of course,
you'd need some pretty hefty filtering to knock 1590 down to the point
where it wouldn't overload a receiver (while you're on 1 kW).

Almost makes me wish I had a two-stick station so I could phase them
for receiving purposes.

Charles

   Charles A Taylor, WD4INP
  Greenville, North Carolina