[IRCA] FOR DON K. : 1937 radio guide listing (Chicago/midwest)

[IRCA] FOR DON K. : 1937 radio guide listing (Chicago/midwest)

January 20, 1936, the Telegraph Herald, a newspaper published in Dubuque,
Iowa, filed with the petitioner an application for a construction permit to
erect a broadcasting station in that city. May 14, 1936, the respondent, who
had for some years held a broadcasting license for, and had operated,
Station WKBB at East Dubuque, Illinois, directly across the Mississippi
River from Dubuque, Iowa, applied for a permit to move its transmitter and
studios to the last named city and instal its station there. August 18,
1936, respondent asked leave to intervene in the Telegraph [**696] Herald
proceeding, alleging in its petition, inter alia, that there was an
insufficiency of advertising revenue to support an additional station in
Dubuque and insufficient talent to furnish programs for an additional
station; that adequate service was being rendered to the community by
Station WKBB and there was no need for any additional radio outlet in
Dubuque and that the granting of the Telegraph Herald application would not
serve the public interest, convenience, and necessity. Intervention was
permitted and both applications were set for consolidated hearing.
http://www.nyls.edu/cmc/uscases/sanders.htm

Don-

The above will tell you where WKBB was located.

Willis