Re: [IRCA] SW EWE Day bandscan

Powell,

I don't know if I could hear one watt in July on 1720 off the beverage.
However, if it was Fall or Winter, maybe. I have several TIS stations
heard & QSL'd on 1620, 1630, 1640, 1660, 1670, & 1700 from the East. I
have the 10 watter from JFK on 1700, two VA's on 1620 (Also 10 watt),
1630 from Metra (Chicago) with 9 watts, 1630 Michigan DOT 1630(10
watts), Allentown PA with 10 watts on 1670,  and my lowest power at
about 2,000 miles  Eastern Texas on 1670 with 3.5 watts. So 1 watt from
the East on a clear frequency with code or sweep tones is especially
possible if CX are decent, but I would not bet on it in July.
  By the way, I have two 1 watt carrier current stations, Sacramento
College on 1620 and a College in SLC also on 1620 with 1 watt.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager