[IRCA] Local radio!

I heard something amusing today while cruising in the Frederick MD area.
I was listening to WTTR/1470 in Westminster. The song they were playing
kept cutting out. The announcer opened the mic right over top of the
song and said "Steve (I think that was the name) if you're out there
listening, this is that new CD player."

The station has an oldies format but had lots of great local
programming. They were interviewing a visitor from their sister city in
Europe at a live local event and it was very interesting and
entertaining. It was great "down home" radio.

Patrick Griffith, Westminster CO
Broadcast Technician
NRC Broadcasting - Denver
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/