Re: [IRCA] WNJC-1360

Chris Black wrote:

> But my point was: If I were going to test traditional modulation with
> something exotic like slow code (true QRSS or otherwise), then I would not
> bury it within the regular data, but segment it in some way so that the
> recipient would know to alter his receiving technique.

I'm with you Chris in the idea that there should be a definite time for
the QRSS in the test if any is to be included in future tests.

I was able to hear all of the test tones, sweeps, dual-tones, CW, etc,
so I would have been easily able to notice the carrier from the QRSS had
there been any transmitted. I was using the NDB setting on Spectran to
see the tones as I listened to them audibly.

In the case of someone who couldn't hear any of the other tones and
wanted to try for the QRSS carriers, knowing exactly when the test would
begin would be a help. We did know th exact offsets, so pre-setting
Spectran would have been easy, though I didn't see any of the QRSS tones
during the time I was monitoring the test.

Rick Kunath