Re: [IRCA] Clatsop County Ratings

Hi Doug,

KMUN is very local on a lot of their programming, except for the NPR
stuff. I used to know a couple people that had shows on the station. One
was a Jazz show and the other a Big Band one. I do hear them in quite
often in places. The Oregon Coast has quite a few art gallaries and
upscale shops. Cannon Beach is especially into NPR and Listener
Supported radio. They always have been.
KSWB is local with their music, but it is off their computer. It isn't
satellite stuff. Their FM is satellite though. KKEE is ESPN 24/7 and
KAST except for local news and one talk show, it is all the bird. The
FMers for the most part are all off the birds too. KMUN is probably the
most local station we have as to the programming. Oh course if you hear
your local insurance agent or shop owner doing a show, people like to
hear "Ol' Joe" do a show. They connect with that. Radio is more visible
to them. It isn't some DJ in NY or LA. That is one thing I really miss
about radio of today. There is so little local stuff. Everyone sounds
the same. A station is upset if you don't listen to them, but why bother
in most cases? The station in the next town is running exactly the same
programming. I miss working in radio, but not the radio of today in most
cases.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin