Re: [IRCA] IBAC vs IBOC

IBOC irritates many precisely because little can be done about it. Nulling
proves difficult. One can easily null analog, but nulling digital 'mask' is nigh
on impossible. Even if you could do so, HD hiss noticeably mars desired
analog broadcasts.

Limiters, blankers, u.s.w. prove ineffectual. One suggestion, posted here
some time ago by most astute member, to tune slightly into HD noise. So doing
somewhat attenuates it.

FCC has the eye for HD complaints, but not the stomach for it. Most
unfortunate.

Lawsuits may well flow. Someone will perish for lack of real advisories, vis
a vis Greensburg Tornadoes. NWS was sued some years ago for failure to provide
storm warnings on 162 megs. Several fishermen perished. Radio is where
everyone goes 'when something happens'. Traffic texting, during those moments, is
irrelevant, as is HD.

Yes, we're all friends here. We freely exchange knowledge, yet we've found,
despite a wealth of expertise, that IBOC interference all but impossible to
nullify.

Speaking well of IBOC is tantamount to capitulation. When thieves are afoot,
one does not invite them in for tea, much less compliment their evasive
behavior.

Time and unforeseen circumstance inevitably set matters aright.

PV Zecchino
Manalimiter Key, FL

"You have the eye for human weakness,
  but not the stomach for it."